Saturday, August 29, 2009

Life Goes On

One more week down, one week closer to parents weekend. I'm getting excited to see my parents and to get off campus. Eating some real food, at an actual restraunt will be nice. I can't wait for my first hamburger. School here is about the same, a lot of work, but overall it's going pretty well. My english and Engineering classes are the msot fun, with French still being the hardest. I am however, starting to pick up on it.

My squad is still finding fun things to do. Last night we had a waterballoon launcher, didn't hit anyone, but we nailed some windows. Mighty Mach One got pretty mad, and 6 or 7 upperclassmen came up to talk to us. Oops. There's not much you can do for fun around here, so we make our own. We were going to set up a carrier landing last night, but decided not to. A carrier landing is when you soak the halls in soapy water, and turn the halls into a giant slip-n-slide.

My phone was finally taken away yesterday morning :( We were the only squad with them, but not anylonger. Our AOC, Air Officer in Command, is Major Sebren. He is in charge of Deuce, and has the final word on everything we do. This one freshman sent him an emial with his blackberry, and whenever an email is sent from a blackberry, it says just that, sent from blackberry. Major Sebren asked him why he has his phone, and he said that we all have them. Well within 12 hours, we all had our phones taken away. Everyone's mad at the kid, but he just has to be smarter than that.

That's about all that's new here. I'm enjoying the 80 degrees here, considering it's over 100 back at home. Glad I'm not living in that heat. Well I hope everyone is doing great, and thanks for all of the comments. It's good to hear from everyone.

Matt


My Widescreen Picture from my window
Photobucket

Another cool sunrise
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. And your parents are getting excited about seeing you!! Just 6 more days. lya, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you get your phone back? I will miss your calls.
    I am however, very excited to see you very soon!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday night. I will call you as soon as I get it back for us to set up a meeting time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the phone. I wish you a very happy birthday. ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt,
    Happy Birthday! Sounds like it is all going well for you. I am with you on the hamburger. I hope you get more than one! Love reading your updates.
    xx
    I am having trouble posting, so for now I will be anonymous (aunt regina)

    ReplyDelete